Thursday, August 11, 2005

Its amazing what playing dumb can do for you!

Sometimes I wonder, If it really helps knowing what one knows to get things done! For example, I was flying back into Detroit out of St. Louis yesterday, since I missed my flight the previous morning, I went upto the counter and told an rather grumpy looking man that I missed my flight and wanted to now if there was any way I could stand-by on a flight yesterday. He just huffed at me and clicked away at the computer sceeen only to tell me that the only option I had was to buy a new ticket for $200 for a flight at 7pm or for some $340 for the 3pm flight and that too flying standby on it! I just thanked him and left to see if there was any thing else I could do. About ten minutes later, deciding that there wasn't a whole lot I could do I went up to the counter with a blank expression and furiously keyed in stuff at the auto-checkin, when I looked completely lost another man came by to help out, he finally pulls up my reservation and lets me know that he can confirm me for the 3pm flight, but informs me I would need to pay a change fee of only $75 since Id missed my flight the previous day!

Kinda makes you wonder what one can get away with playing dumb! I wonder if I could have gotten out of my speeding ticked that way too!

I was rather happy that I made the 3pm flight but then had to endure all the extra delays on fhe flight because the stewardess apparently fell "injured" her self in some turbulence on an earlier segment of the flight. This meant that the flight didn't leave till about oh another two hours later, and to top it off we got into Detroit to sit on the Tarmack for about 30 minutes before they got us to the gate. I was gonna write in complaing about it but after what reading what happened to people stranded in London because of the British Airways fiasco, Id say I got of real lucky!!

No comments: