Tuesday, September 13, 2005

3 year old marathoner for sale... Only Rs.800

I recieved an email with this article a lil while ago and thought it was another one of those random fwds, only to find out that its supposedly a true story after a lil digging around.
I can barely run-walk about 3 miles a day, this kid apparently does about 35 miles a DAY and that too at 7 hour streches :-\ gawd I feel so small

He runs seven hours at a stretch, sometimes as much as 48km (30 miles). On a daily basis. And Budhia Singh is just three and a half years old. When Budhia's father died a year ago, his mother, who washes dishes in Bhubaneswar, capital of the eastern Indian state of Orissa, was unable to provide for her four children. She sold Budhia to a man for 800 rupees ($20)...
...Mr Das said he noticed Budhia's talent when scolding him for being a bully. "Once, after he had done some mischief, I asked him to keep running till I came back," Mr Das told the BBC... more


*sigh* if only I had HALF the stamina!

No comments: